Garmin shows “Vehicle Cable Error Message on an Automotive Device” error message when your device is connected with the vehicle cable. You will get this error in the form of “Attached Power Cable is Not Supported” or “The connected power cable does not support traffic” error messages.
Causes of The Vehicle Cable Error
For resolving Garmin Vehicle Cable Error it becomes important to know the causes of the error. Hence, the following are the reasons why Garmin will show you this error.
- When your device goes into MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) mode. This will happen when you connect your using GMT cable.
- The USB port of the Garmin device is unable to recognize the cable properly.
- When the car charger is loose.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix The Error
Irrespective of the reason, it becomes important to resolve the error quickly. For resolving Garmin Vehicle Cable Error, follow the troubleshooting processes mentioned below.
- For resolving the error, make sure that you use the cable that comes with the purchased Garmin product. You must use either a TA or GTM cable. Using a third-party cable may not work properly with the device and will show you the error.
- If you are using the correct cable and still getting the error, then you must check the car charger. The charger should be inserted into the mini-USB port completely and securely.
In case if the error persists, then you can try updating the Garmin software on your device. For this, follow the process given below.
- Download the Garmin Express setup file on your system and install it.
- Make sure you have connected the Garmin device to the system with the USB cable.
- Click the Garmin express icon from the desktop.
- Tap the “Add a Device” icon.
- This will begin the search for your device.
- Click the “Add Device” option beside your device.
- Log in to your Garmin account in order to sync the data.
- Enter a nickname for your Garmin device. Also, select the preferred language.
- Tap the “Next” button.
- Connect your device with the Wi-Fi network in order to upload the data to Garmin Connect.
For this, click “Find Network” and follow the on-screen instructions to connect to the network.
- Click the “Next” button.
- Read the Privacy Statement of Garmin by clicking the “View Privacy Statement” link. Also, you have to agree with the document by clicking the “Yes” option.
- Wait until the setup process gets completed.
- On the homepage of Garmin Express, you will find all the available Garmin software updates.
- For more details of the updates, click the “View Details” option.
- Click the “Install” button to update the Garmin software.
- You should read the Agreement documents and click the “Accept” button.
- In the next window, look at all the given instructions. Make sure you follow each of them. Then, click the “Continue” button.
- This will start updating the software. This might take a few minutes to get completed. Hence, wait patiently.
- After the completion of the process, click the “Check For Garmin Update” option in order to check if software got successfully updated or not.