In order to check the Garmin update, you need to download and install Garmin Express. Garmin Express is an application that is designed to manage your Garmin GPS device from your computer. You can use this app to register your device, update the software, etc. It allows you to save various maps and preferred locations. It notifies you when the map updates are available and helps you to install them. You can get the latest street maps to ensure fast and accurate navigation. The best part of this application is that it will save all the information even if it is closed or your device isn’t connected to the computer.
Garmin Update Procedure Using Garmin Express
While updating the Garmin express, it is important to keep your device connected to the computer. Also, you should not shut down your computer before completing the update procedure.
- First and foremost, open your Garmin Express application.
- Thereafter, click on the “Add a Device” option on your system.
- After that, plug in your Garmin device with your system using the USB cable. Connect one end of the USB cable with the Garmin product and another with your system.
- Once again click on the “Add a Device” option on your screen. Wait until the Garmin Express is searching for your device.
- If your unable to find the name of your device, click on the “Search Again” option and try to search your device again.
- Now, you need to sync with Garmin Connect and sign in to your account. Press the Sign In button, enter the same email address and password that you used at the time of account creation. Once again click on the blue “Sign In” button.
- But, if you have not created your account before, click on the “Create Account” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Next, the Garmin Express setting page will appear on your screen. You need to select a device nickname and your preferred language. Click on the “Next” button.
- Now, to upload your data to Garmin Connect wirelessly, you have to set up a Wi-Fi network, otherwise, use an ethernet cable. Also, your device will sync automatically when in range of your network.
- Once your internet connection is settled, click on the “Next” button. You will get this button at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the “Yes” tab at the bottom of the page.
- After that, click on the “Sync” option in order to connect your data with Garmin Connect.
- Consequently, when the device is selected Garmin express will display the available Garmin updates.
- Then, click on “Install” or “Install All” to install all available updates on your device.
- In the next window, read the terms and conditions of the license agreement carefully. Click on the “Accept” option in order to proceed further.
- As a result, Garmin Express will display the current progress of updating the software. Also, it will display the percentage completed, estimated time, remaining and downloading speed of the software.
- Finally, wait until the Garmin update procedure completes. Therefore, Garmin Express will automatically update on your device successfully.
Hence, this completes the Garmin update procedure completely using the Garmin.com/Express.